Our attention has been drawn to an Open Letter Advertorial signed by one Hon. Osita Igbe, Director of Media and Publicity, Okezuo Abia Campaign Organisation, addressed to the Chairman/Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc, entitled “Reckless Conduct of Alex Otti”. The advertorial which was published on page 17 of Vanguard and page 37 of The Guardian of Tuesday, February 16, 2015 alleged that the security operatives attached to Alex Otti “were mopped up from various branches of Diamond Bank especially in Lagos State”.
For the avoidance of doubt and to put the records straight we state the following:-
- Dr. Alex Otti formally resigned as the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Diamond Bank Plc on Friday, October 24, 2014 to focus on his private life and since then, ceased to have any dealings with the Board and management of the Bank.
- As at the close of business yesterday, being Tuesday, February 16, 2015 none of the security operatives attached to the Bank’s over 265 branches was drafted to the security apparatus of Alex Otti.
- The allegation in the advertorial published on page 17 of the Vanguard and page 37 of The Guardian of Tuesday, February 16, 2015 is false, misleading and have no iota of truth in it.
- As a responsible corporate legal entity licensed to carry out banking business in Nigeria, Diamond Bank Plc is fully focussed on her primary responsibility of providing banking services while abiding by the highest professional ethical standard in the industry, and therefore has no political leanings to any person or group.
- We hope that this statement will serve to clear and correct the misleading advertorial by Okezuo Abia Campaign Organisation.